As you might be aware, the Dalgado Konkani Akademi and the Centre for Internet and Society Access to Knowledge Programme (Bangalore) are jointly organising a two-day Konkani Wikipedia Workshop to promote Romi Konkani in cyberspace, and on the Wikipedia in particular.
The workshop will be held on November 16/17, 2013 at the Krishnadas Shama Central Library
, Pato, Panjim. But even if you’re far from Goa,
you can help take this initiative forward.
What you can do to help:
- Get in touch, pick up suitable articles to translate into Romi Konkani.
- Work to locate sharable articles suitable for Romi readers.
- Share your photographs via the Wikipedia, that can feed into this effort.
- Edit articles in Romi Konkani, if you have the skills here.
- Encourage others to contribute and share their skills and knowledge.
- Pass the word around specially in colleges and among students.
To participate in the workshop, contact Jose Salvador Fernandes, Secretary of the Dalgado Konkani Akademi 9881810832 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you cannot make it to Goa or cannot join the workshop, but would like to volunteer from afar, contact me (FN
, SMS 91-9822122436 or email@example.com ) and we’ll see how best we can match your skills with the needs.
It’s also possible to contribute to the Wikipedia in other languages and scripts. Build knowledge and make it happen…