All of us are violating one or the other here…
Consider the unsparing standards set out in the Society of Professional Journalists’ Ethics Code, which instructs journalists to:
* Avoid conflicts of interest, real or perceived.
* Remain free of associations and activities that may compromise
integrity or damage credibility.
* Refuse gifts, favors, fees, free travel and special treatment, and
shun secondary employment, political involvement, public office and
service in community organizations if they compromise journalistic
* Deny favored treatment to advertisers and special interests and
resist their pressure to influence news coverage.
* Be wary of sources offering information for favors or money …